Sunday prayer
Ministry.
There is no formula. And I don't like that. Well, at least my flesh doesn't. See, unlike most everything else I sacrifice for, there are no guarantees in ministry. When I clean my house, I get the joys of a clean house (for a few blessed minutes). When I lift-yes, I am a barbell junkie, I get stronger and have sore muscles the next day to remind me of the fact that I pushed myself the day before. In just about everything I put my hand to, there is some sort of "proof" that I can point to and be encouraged by. But that's not necessarily how it works with the Lord and being in His service.
We often don't see with our eyes the outcome of our efforts.
We don't hear the praises of others.
We certainly feel the exhaustion at times.
So, Lord cause us to live for the smile on Your face. Fix our gaze on You alone. Let us live pleasing our Master and Him alone. Help us not to gauge ministry by our earthly definitions of success, give us Your eyes to see. And when discouragement and fear would desire to devour, Lord strengthen our resolve to walk in obedience to Your plan and purpose.
There is no formula. And I don't like that. Well, at least my flesh doesn't. See, unlike most everything else I sacrifice for, there are no guarantees in ministry. When I clean my house, I get the joys of a clean house (for a few blessed minutes). When I lift-yes, I am a barbell junkie, I get stronger and have sore muscles the next day to remind me of the fact that I pushed myself the day before. In just about everything I put my hand to, there is some sort of "proof" that I can point to and be encouraged by. But that's not necessarily how it works with the Lord and being in His service.
We often don't see with our eyes the outcome of our efforts.
We don't hear the praises of others.
We certainly feel the exhaustion at times.
So, Lord cause us to live for the smile on Your face. Fix our gaze on You alone. Let us live pleasing our Master and Him alone. Help us not to gauge ministry by our earthly definitions of success, give us Your eyes to see. And when discouragement and fear would desire to devour, Lord strengthen our resolve to walk in obedience to Your plan and purpose.