Well Done?

Ladies, can I please lend my voice to the others who are shouting to society, that life does not look like what we see staged on screens?  Real life is messy, real life has pain, real life endures trials and leaves scars.  And yet, real life is nothing to shame.  No I don't "just" ever do anything.  Is that how we see God viewing our works and our lives throughout Scripture? 

Too many counseling situations begin with "Well this blog I read shows ________ and I just don't think that my life measures up."  To borrow the colloquialism, can we please STOP THE MADNESS!?!?

In the Parable of the talents, each servant was given talents each according to their own ability.  Nowhere do you see in the parable the man who was "only" given 2 talents bemoan what he was given.  Instead, we see this man was faithful with what he had.  He demonstrated what it was like to be concerned only with the opinion of his master, and not the other people in his life.  How I wish we were more like this man.  Instead we're most concerned with the opinions of others and comparing our talents to those of the lady sitting next to us, or our failure at life with perfect bloggedity.blog.blog.

I can't make anyone desire their Lord's opinion more than that of a person.  I can't preach enough truth to change their desire.  But I can encourage others to make their time with the Lord and in His Word outweigh the time they time that they take in the opinion of others.  Or maybe, how about stopping the intake of all that other stuff.  What might the Lord do when He captures you?  How would your life change if your desire to hear, "well done good and faithful servant" was from the lips of your Lord and not a person.  

There's only one way to find out.